A Bivocational Pastor
by PamFord Davis

It’s not easy to work at two jobs.

The called by God serve as bivocational pastors, music directors and evangelists. These ministers deserve our respect and encouragement.

They need our prayers.

Many rural churches are small in number and cannot financially support a full time pastor or song leader.

Those called into bivocational ministries divide their time; they have secular careers and church positions. Apostle Paul served as an example.

“After these things Paul departed from Athens and went to Corinth. And he found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla (because Claudius had commanded all the Jews to depart from Rome); and he came to them. So, because he was of the same trade, he stayed with them and worked; for by occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks (Acts 18:1-4 NKJV).”

Paul worked; Paul witnessed!

That aptly describes my Pastor, Eddie Fuller.

He works; he witnesses.

Brother Eddie works in a stressful regular job. By faith, he is compelled to witnesses through word and action. I know he goes home bone-tired after a full day; yet, he finds time to prepare weekly sermons. I’m a note taker and can vouch for his diligence to study. He spends hours in the word and commentaries before proclaiming God’s messages to our congregation.

Our congregation is enriched and encouraged by a bivocational pastor.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print