MARY MOTHER OF GOD
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: How can we know the depth of grief someone is experiencing unless we walk in their shoes? My thoughts on this Mothers Day is focused on Mary, the biological mother of Jesus. She must have went through all the up's and down's that young mother's go through. Possibly even doubted as to whether she would be a good mother to her newborn. She was so young and new to it all never completely understanding the greatest honor she had of bringing the Christ child, the Savior, into the world.


She went through all the stages of his life with him from infant, toddler, child, teenager,to young man trained under the guidance of his earthly Jewish carpenter father. Jesus must have been the ideal teenager having been brought up under a strong moral code of law. At the age of twelve he was teaching the scholars.
After raising this very special child only to witness him bleeding and dying on a tree, tortured by Roman soldiers and heckled by his enemies, her heart must have been breaking. If she had only known the impact of what this sacrificial deed would do for all mankind. She might have also uttered the words "it is finished, my son has paid the price for all sin and offers forgiveness and eternal life to all who believe in him." We cannot even come close to walking in Mary's shoes but we do know what it takes to be a good mother. For most of us its a hit and miss challenge.
The Word talks about a Mother in whom her children will rise up and call her blessed (Prov. 31:28). In today's world mother's should strive to be the Godly woman our children need and guide them to the saving power of Jesus settling for them the questions we all ask "who am I and where am I going after my life has passed?"


Prayer: Father God, help me every day you give me the breath of life to instill in my children these godly virtues and faith in Jesus so they will never doubt their future. Amen
Verse: Luke 2:19-51 "but Mary quietly treasured these things in her heart and often thought about them". 51 "then he (Jesus at the age of 12) returned to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them; and his mother stored away all these things in her heart. So Jesus grew both tall and wise and was loved by God and man".



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print