Writers' Memorial
by theburningbushboy Solanke

“I express my thoughts in writing to stop them from going with me to the world beyond. Whatever you commit into writing stays behind for others to live with. Blessed be the souls of departed writers who left us with their great revelations.”

I actually tweeted the above this morning in memory of great writers who have gone beyond, but leaving us with great revelations that are still changing the world. Many they are, but one I recall without stress.

On the evening of Sept. 25, 1995, without planning to read any book, yet, somehow, a book found its way to be in my hands. Isn’t that funny? Before I could read midway, I saw my life agreeing with the author’s suggestion for a change.

To my surprise, the book, “How To Be Born Again”, was published in 1960 by Evangelist T. L. Osborn, and 35 years after, it was still fulfilling the purpose behind its composition.

(By God’s grace, come Sept. 25, 2019, I intend writing the full story of how I got converted reading this book.)

Meanwhile, I have ever since learnt to cherish printed materials. I also urge whoever has a divine message never to stop committing it into writing. You can never predict how far and how well your written thoughts will touch the lives of people; even lives yet unborn.

For instance, the Bible, a book of one author, but of many scribes, is the greatest book ever written. It is one book that has remained ever fresh over the centuries.

Till tomorrow, its readers are still getting saved through it; preachers are still finding new messages, while writers are still writing so many beautiful stories out of it. Oh what a book!

God be praised for preserving this ancient document over the ages. Blessed be the souls of those who overcame the usual resistance to sit back, pick a pen and write as God whispered to them.

What if they didn’t open up when divine inspiration came knocking?

T. L. Osborn died on the 14th of February 2013 leaving behind so many books, one of which got me starting my Christian journey in 1995. He was 89 years old. Whoa!

Once again, blessed be the souls of the many departed writers who left us with their great revelations. I am sure you know at least one of them. 



Burning Bush Boy (Moses Ayodeji Solanke) an Asst. Editor-in-Chief with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN); a Gospel Writing Minister - www.theburningbushboy.wordpress.com. He has great passion for enhancing the Christendom with media tools. He is married with three children. Email:[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print