Counting the Years
by PamFord Davis

Are you counting the years?

Yesterday, I counted all the way to 70.

Are you among the many in denial; refusing to even show your driver's license?

As children, we could hardly wait for our next birthdays. We were anxious to have parties, open presents and to get our fill of cake & ice cream.

I think many of us need a little of a child’s spirit; let’s put on our party hats and count the candles. Christ followers have two birthdays to celebrate.

Each October I count the days to the 22nd; my spiritual birthday. The Book of Life will list my heavenly age as 52 this coming fall. I was given a second chance at life. We must be born again. (John 3:1-21)

It’s not a reincarnation; it is rebirth and transformation.

Furthermore, it’s not turning over a new leaf.

It is living water springing up within.

Angels gather to celebrate.

"Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents (Luke 15:10 NKJV).”

Is that a heavenly choir I hear?

They're singing a happy birthday to you!

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print