Be Jesus Donkey And Walk On Blessings
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you Christ's donkey? The present Church of Christ is not seeing the measure of signs and wonders the early Church saw because we have much fewer donkeys of Christ than they had. This poses as a big limitation to the manifestation of God's power in our time. This article encourages you to become a true Jesus donkey and then walk on blessings.

Then they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their clothes on it, and He sat on it. And many spread their clothes on the road, and others cut down leafy branches from the trees and spread them on the road - Mark 11:7-8 (NKJV)

Even so on your part, when you have done everything that was assigned and commanded you, say, We are unworthy servants [possessing no merit, for we have not gone beyond our obligation]; we have [merely] done what was our duty to do  - Luke 17:10 (AMPC).

Many Christian believers truly want to serve God but they are not fully ready to be His donkey. This may be due to ignorance, pride or greed depending on their level of understanding. What they seem not to understand is that being Christ's donkey draws blessings to them, including material blessings.

A donkey is seen as a lowly animal compared to a horse. Jesus rode on it as a king into Jerusalem, however, it was the donkey that rode on the clothes and leafy branches spread on the road for Jesus. So, you being Christ's donkey gives you the opportunity to get the blessings while He gets the praises. Unfortunately, this is not the case with the church presently.

Many people are serving God but Christ's manifestations are limited in their ministry because they are either sharing the podium with Christ or are more interested in their bellies (Romans 16:18): what to have, eat and wear (Matthew 6:25-34), and so mix God's will with theirs.

What does it mean to be Jesus donkey?

This means allowing Christ to use you to fulfill His plan and purpose on earth without you being noticed. It is letting people see Jesus instead of you, showcasing Christ and not you, and lifting up His name and not yours. It is letting the Lord increase while you decrease (John 3:30) and dying to self such that to live is to live for Christ (Philippians 1:21).

What is God's expectation of His vessels of honour?

The Lord expects that after you have done His will that you see yourself as a servant who possesses no merit for the work done, for you have not gone beyond your obligation (Luke 17:10, AMPC). You have only done everything as assigned and commanded you: purely as a servant of God. All glory, praises and thanksgiving should go to God.

Christ Himself showed us an example by making Himself of no reputation to do the will of His Father. At the end, God gave Him a name that is above every other name that at His name every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that Jesus is Lord (Philippians 2:5-11).

You are also expected to make your demand on God's word and not on the people. A servant is worthy of his wages (1 Timothy 5:18) and the Lord is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6) and He owes no man. Therefore, search out the scriptures concerning your provisions and heart desires and expect the Father to fulfil His word concerning them.

For instance, 1 Corinthians 9:7-14 makes it clear that when a servant of God ministers spiritual things to people that they should minister material things back to him or her. This is true, but you are not to force the people to comply. Rather you are to go to God and put Him in remembrance of this scripture and expect Him to minister to the people to be a blessing to you.

In conclusion, Jesus Christ received power, riches, wisdom, strength, honor, glory and blessing (Revelations 5:12) and they are available for all who will choose to be His donkey. It pays to be Jesus donkey, for God will mightily use you as He used the apostles and all that others are running after will be added to you (Matthew 6:31-33).

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print