Projecting the Future Will Cause You to Feel Overwhelmed
by stephanie reck

 

Are you feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, burdened or anxious? When you project what may happen in the future you forfeit your daily grace and lose strength.

 

Recently, I started feeling quite overwhelmed and experienced unusual exhaustion. I realized during my morning time with God that I had begun to project scenarios that may or not happen in the future. I had begun to figure out what may happen or could happen in the future. I was not even doing this intentionally but it came as a result of trying to figure out problems and situations for a loved one.

 

I am a problem-solver and fixer by nature. You present me with a problem and I will have twenty different ways for you to overcome your problem. Being a problem-solver can be a good thing, but it can also hinder the work of the Holy Spirit hat tmay want to do in our lives or the lives of others.

 

If the Holy Spirit directs you to do something, you will know what to do and what way to go. If Holy Spirit is not leading but you are leading with your emotions and feelings you will begin to figure out how to solve problems.

 

Figuring out your problems or others problems will lead to feeling overwhelmed and burdened.

 

If you are concerned about future events, pray, and then be still and wait on God to direct your move. The Holy Spirit never leads in fear or anxiousness. Taking life one day at a time, one step at a time can alleviate the need to project future outcomes of situations.

 

Living in the past or living in the future will steal your peace, joy and daily strength.

 

When faced with tough decisions and you just don’t know what to do and feel to get a sense of relief you have to project what may or could happen, stop, and be still. The enemy magnifies situations to keep you focused and distracted on all what may go wrong, or if you don’t step in and do something there will be disaster.

 

Hold your peace. Most of what we worry about never happens, in fact 85% of what we worry about never happens and 15% of what does happen we can handle better than we thought we could.

 

Sufficient for this day is its own troubles (Matthew 6:34) Why go projecting “future troubles” you don’t even know that will happen?

 

 



Stephanie R. Reck, LMSW, LBT, BCCC
Stephanie Reck, Coaching & Consultation Services
www.stephaniereck.com
[email protected]
Stephanie Reck Coaching & Consultation Services, @2024
Author of, "Disciplining Your Mind 30 Days to a Better You!"

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print