Not Finished Yet
by PamFord Davis

I’m a part of the JOY generation; (as senior citizens) we’re Just Older Youth.

The JOY designation is not original with me. Somewhere along the way, I heard of a church using it for their senior adults. I like it. We may be aging but we’re not finished yet!

“O God, You have taught me from my youth,
And I still declare Your wondrous deeds.
And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to all who are to come.

For Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens,
You who have done great things;
O God, who is like You (Psalm 71:17-19 NASB)?”

We have a message to share to the children and youth in this generation. Our children and grandchildren need to know the LORD.

“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates (Deuteronomy 6:4-9 NASB).” 

Vacation Bible School is just around the corner; joy, joy, joy!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print