HALLOWED BE THEY NAME
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: The Lord's prayer is known throughout the world. It is spoken by the faithful a thousand times a month. Let's give it some serious thought as to the meaning of it's words from our Lord as a guideline to prayer.
(Taken from Jesus spoken Aramaic language)


OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN...an acknowledgement that Jehovah is the Father of all creation.
HALLOWED BE THY NAME...his name is above all other names. He is the great "I AM".
THY KINGDOM COME THEY WILL BE DONE AS IN HEAVEN SO ON EARTH...a promise of God's (Jesus) reign for 1,000 years as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
GIVE US BREAD FOR OUR NEEDS FROM DAY TO DAY...miracles happen everyday with enough food to feed the masses. Think of the never ending supply that comes out of thousands of restaurants on a daily basis. Do we give thanks to the giver?
AND FORGIVE US OUR OFFENSES...the reason Jesus took upon himself the sins of the world was to offer restitution and eternal life through his one time sacrifice of his own body.
AS WE HAVE FORGIVEN OUR OFFENDERS...this is a hard one to do for so many. Harboring resentment and anger for a very long time is not beneficial to our health. Listen much, speak little and don't be angry is good advice from the Word.
AND DO NOT LET US ENTER INTO TEMPTATION...We need to ask the Lord every day to give us the strength to resist anything that would be harmful to our mind, body and soul.
BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL...put that hedge of safety around me Lord so that no evil thing can touch me.
FOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM AND THE POWER AND THE GLORY FOREVER, AMEN!


Prayer: Father God, thank you for the guideline youve given me as to how I should pray. It's being aware of your presence in my life and communication, walking in my spiritual garden with you, one on one. Amen


Verse: Math. 6:7,8,9 " And when you pray do not repeat your words like the pagan, for they think that because of much talking their prayers will be heard. Do not be like them for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him; therefore pray in this manner."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print