Rolled Away
by PamFord Davis

Why worry?

It just comes naturally.

My mind goes back to final days before Mom’s death. She was recovering from lung cancer surgery and we were hastily making plans. Dad would be entering an assisted living facility. At age 87 and in declining health; he needed care she could no longer give. His social security payments would cover monthly payments to the Veterans group home.

Yet, her own small social security check would leave little to live on. She was worried.

How would she pay her bills?

Ironically, (and providentially) Mom died just a few days later.

Her need for remittance was rolled away.

How would women roll away the stone to Jesus tomb?

“Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. And they said among themselves, ‘Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?’ But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away—for it was very large (Mark 16:1-4 NKJV).”

The women had talked about their problem of the large stone. I’d guess they worried about it.

Had they experienced a sleepless night?

Who could fault them?

Any concerns were unnecessary.

The stone was rolled away!

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you (1 Peter 5:1-7 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print