Can't Take It With You?
by Rik Charbonneaux

Can't Take It With You?

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds.." Deuteronomy 11:18 NIV

In the dim light of a Chinese prison, under the eyes of the guards, a woman passes a small piece of paper to her husband who has been imprisoned for his faith of Christianity. He carefully conceals it from the guard, to be later read, memorized and then destroyed.

There are prisoners who have received and memorized the entire Bible in this manner and are able to recite and teach from memory. Any scripture found among the prisoners is immediately destroyed, so it is the responsiblity of the Christian prisoners to one another to memorize these precious words so that they are preserved among them. If any of them are starved, beaten to death, or tortured beyond usefulness, another must be able to serve.

It is a hard life in the East for a Christian, of that there is no doubt.

It is almost shameful that we here in the West often justify our life styles with "Well you can't take it with you!", but to see how those live who cannot take the Word of God anywhere, under penalty of death, well, it also maks us look pretty small when compared to those faith-heros.

*'Chinese Christians memorize Bible in prison: Gov't 'can’t take what’s hidden in your heart' by Leah MarieAnn Klett - CP World, June 11, 2019



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print