Finding Your Strength
by PamFord Davis

Don Knotts was not what I’d describe as physically strong. In the role of Barney Fife, he put up a good front; he wanted people to think he was a tough guy. Everyone saw through the pretense. He didn’t need to impress people; they liked him. Barney had strength of character. He was a Mayberry deputy and faithful friend of Sheriff Andy Taylor. Barney was always at his beckoning call.

God calls us to faithfulness.

Are we meeting the challenge?

We find spiritual strength through the Holy Spirit.

“For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;  that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen (Ephesians 3:14-21 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print