Move From Being A Baby To Being A Matured Co-Heir With Christ
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you a baby still drinking milk or matured co-heir with Christ eating solid food? What you are determines the authority you can exercise and level of freedom from oppression you enjoy. A baby is highly vulnerable to predators and so should not be a stage any believing Christian should occupy for long. This post encourages you to quickly grow into being a matured co-heir with Christ.

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world - Galatians 4:1-3 (NKJV).

I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able - I Corinthians 3:2 (NKJV).

For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil - Hebrews 5:13-14 (NKJV).

At salvation, you are a baby in the Lord who can only receive milk and not solid food. However, it is expected that you should soon be able to chew solid food. The speed with which you graduate to solid food depends solely on you. You are the one to try your hands on the word of righteousness, use it and have your senses exercised to discern both good and evil. You are the one to put the word to work in your life, that is, believe in the word of God, act on it and expect it to do what God says it will do in your life. As you act on God's word and see results, your faith to act more on the Lord's word increases, as such you will be growing from a baby to a matured co-heir with Christ.

Every Christian believer is a co-heir with Christ, but if you remain a baby you will not be different from a servant in the house. You will not be able to enjoy your inheritance at will. You will be in bondage to the elements of the world and be buffeted by the storms of life, always needing assistance and where there is no immediate help you suffer for it. This is not God's will for you!

No parent will enjoy seeing his child still crawling at three years, needing to be fed constantly at ten years or his adult child still behaving like a baby; certainly not our Father in heaven. There is joy when you see your child crawl when he should, walk at the right time, start school with children of his age and grow along with his mates. So also will God be delighted to see us grow and manifest as His sons.

Unfortunately, many believing Christians want to continue being spoon fed even after ten years of giving their lives to Christ, running from one prophet or pastor to another, seeking for miracles instead of God when our Father wants them to learn from His feet. He wants you to study the bible yourself and know Him and His word, for they that do know their God will be strong and do exploits (Daniel 11:32). He wants you to come and talk with Him in prayer, for He said you should call upon Him and He will show you great and mighty things which you know not of (Jeremiah 33:3).

The world is earnestly waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God, but you can't manifest as a baby. You're to be the light of the world and the salt of the earth, however, it's not possible as a baby (Matthew 5:13-14). You need to grow from being a baby to being a matured co-heir with Christ so as to access your inheritance. This will truly please your Father in heaven. Choose to do so today and the grace to achieve it will be yours.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print