Will You Wait On God Till Your Change Comes?
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you waiting on God for something and it seems it's taking ages to come? Will you wait on Him till your change comes? Many Christians tend to give up after a while instead of waiting till their change comes. This usually costs them the best that the Lord has for them. This post encourages you to wait till you receive God's promise for you.

If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come - Job 14:14 (KJV).

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven - Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NKJV).

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry - Habakkuk 2:3 (NKJV).

God is a God of time and season; He has different times for His various purposes. Walking according to the God's time leads you to the best He has for you. This calls for your faith and trust in the Lord, for he who believes will not make haste (Isaiah 28:16). It also calls for patience on your part, for you have need of patience that after you have done the will of God you may obtain the promise (Hebrews 10:36).

God is not slack concerning His promises (2 Peter 3:9) but is working out all things for your good who love Him (Romans 8:28). The promise may tarry but wait for it for it will surely come to pass greater than you can imagine. The farmer that planted cocoa waits longer time for harvest than the farmer who planted corn, but when his harvest time comes, it is very productive compared to the corn farmer who reaps after three months and will have to sow again before harvesting again. Also, the profits from sales of cocoa are much higher than profits from sales of corn. Therefore, based on the above analogy, it is profitable to wait for your appointed time, even if many people are reaping before you.

Job said that all the days of his appointed time will he wait, till his change comes (Job 14:14). Truly, his change came and his possessions were multiplied. God blessed his latter days more than his beginning (Job 42:10-15). Throughout his period of waiting he didn't sin against God (Job 2:9-10) but trusted him till the end. God is too faithful to fail.

No matter the circumstance surrounding your case, choose not to focus on any other thing but the word of God concerning that issue and listen for His directions. Remain spiritual, serving the Lord (Exodus 23:25-26) and make thanksgiving and praise your lifestyle (Psalm 67:5-7). Your change will surely come!

Abraham waited for twenty-five more years, after God promised him a son, to have Isaac. Throughout his period of waiting, he trusted the Lord and gave glory to God. He was too persuaded that God would do even as He had said. He didn't consider his aged body nor the deadness of Sarah's womb (Romans 4:17-21), and the Lord proved Himself faithful to His word. Interestingly, Abraham lived more than thirty years more after Isaac's marriage to Rebekah and saw Isaac's twins (Genesis 25: 7, 20, 26). The blessings of God come in complete packages!

Joseph was another man who waited for his change to come and he was not disappointed. God showed him that He was going to lift him above his brothers in dreams, however, he had to go through a pit, Potiphar's house and prison-house before the dreams came through. All through his period of waiting he never sinned against the Lord, neither did he give up on God; rather he remained ever joyful serving the Lord and his masters. All things were working together to get him to his destiny, the fulfillment of his dreams. At the appointed time, he found himself as the prime minister of Egypt. One night, he slept in the prison-house as a prisoner and the next day woke up to be number two ruler in Egypt (Genesis 37, 39, 41). That will be your story too in Jesus name.

In conclusion, no matter your present situation, choose to hold on to God's promise unto you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, don't lean on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

So, will you wait on God till your change comes?

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print