Trusting God
by duane hill

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct [or make smooth are straight] your paths.”

 

This principle to a successful transition is found in the three keys for guiding our life in all we do and say.  We find these keys in Proverbs 3:5 & 6.

 

 1. Trust God

     There is a difference between trust and faith.  Trust is choosing to remain totally dependent on God through His Word (the Bible, His promises and His Instructions) even if what you are trusting Him for never manifest.

     Faith on the other hand is very similar.  Faith is remaining steadfast on the promises of God acting as if you have already received them in the natural.  When no one around you can physical touch or see what you believe you have received.

     Trust is the foundation for everyone that God has commanded us to walk in to receive His promises.  It is the source of all our strength.  Faith is the frame or the materials with which we build with. 

     Trusting God is only hard for two reasons.  The first is how we have been conditioned to trust others.  The second is how we trust ourselves.  We have been conditioned to think “1st time my mistake, second time your mistake and there want be a third.”  The church has taught us that all we have to do is pray and leave it in God’s hand.  There is some truth to that but there is still the how-to part.  Being condition to just pray is a third of the process.  Just praying will not provide the manifestation of the answer you are seeking.  God requires us to do something in order to receive something.  Doing something demands operating in faith.

     Trust is an earned attribute that relies heavily on both parties involved in establishing and building the relationship.  Establishing a relationship is making it known that a relationship is desired.  Building a relationship is a process of getting to know one another and accepting each other for who they are.  It is not accepting only the good they offer but the entire package they bring.  Earning trust can be a “big mountain” with a simple and easy path to the top.  It is the getting to “know one another” process that makes this step a “big mountain.”

 

2. It is not my understanding

that matters but God’s

     Understanding is a master key to life that allows us to do things we could not do.  It is the opening of a door that has been seen for years in the distance that no matter what was done, it seemed as if it just could not be reached.  However, when the light of understanding comes, the key to reaching the door as well as opening the door creates the ability to do what could not be done, which is to reach the door then open the door. 

      For such a small and simple task, it would seem that all it takes is the turning of a knob and a slight push to open the door.  As true as this may be, the fact still remains that understanding is needed to know that the knob must be turned and a slight push on the door is the only way to open it.  Just turning the knob releases its stationary position but does not open the door.  A slight push on the door reveals what is on the other side of the door but does not release it from a stationary position.  Understanding tells us that both are required to open the door.

     The same is true when it comes to trusting God and His Word.  It is a must to understand how God speaks to know when He is speaking.  This is the “my part” in the equation.  This allows the instructions, directions, and timeline (if needed) to be known in order to follow Him.

     Understanding or how understanding comes is not the most important portion in the equation.  The most important variable is God’s understanding.  Needing to know how to process information to access understanding is vital, but not the goal.  Once the know how and when God is speaking comes, discipline should kick in to give full attention to what God is saying.  This is as far as the reliability of personal understanding should extend in receiving answers, directions, and instructions from God.

     The goal is to access God’s understanding which is manifested in revelation of what God said.

     Revelation comes from four areas, physical position, spiritual position, economic status, and relationship with God.  These four variables are the mechanics of understanding.  As they grow through the process of change understanding increases while perception under goes a transformation.  The process of perception explains while old understanding does not work at new levels and dimensions. Therefore, God always speaks in a language we can understand based on these four variables. 

     Now that revelation of what God said has come, action steps can be made for manifestation.  Revelation is knowing God’s understanding.  It creates the plan for following the directions and instruction that will produce the answer to all situation and circumstances.  This place of revelation is the goal because it houses everything that is needed to fulfill God’s plan, mission, and purpose for the journey of life.  It answers the master question “Why am I here”

3. Consult God about every area of our life.

     We tend to think that we know what is best for us and our way is the best way.  Herein lies the issue and conflict.  The self-thought of “I” says that there is no need for God.  When there is no need for God there is no assurance that success will be accomplished.  Success is only accomplished through time.  When what is built still remains through the test of time, accomplishment has been achieved. 

     The current view of success is not success of the Bible.  Success of the Bible is found in total dependence on 

     God in every walk and area of life.  It is the total reliance on God to do exactly what He said He would do.  The issue is trusting God and His Word.  The conflict is the patience to see the manifestation.  Hence the importance of consulting God about every area in life.

     Life has the tendency to throw curves that will demobilize, stagnate, and/or detour the journey.  Starting out strong with momentum requires the same strength and momentum to finish.  When it fades demobilization is waiting in the shadows.  Losing focus displaces attention which creates stagnation.  A hiccup that creates a loss of focus will manifest in a detour that leads away from the goal.  There is a way to win when life curves are thrown.

     The assurance is that at some point and time, life will throw a curve.  However, the curve loses its strength when God remains at the center of the journey.  Keeping God at the center of the journey is so simple it is often missed.  Acknowledging God as the source of all we do and have creates a total dependency on Him.  It is this total dependency key that assures Bible success.  Accepting the fact that it was God who gave the ability to do what must be done.  Recognizing that God provided all the material needed to complete the task.  Admitting that His plan for life’s journey is more important.  These daily confessions will always put God at the center of life’s journey and keep Him there.  If one is forgotten or fades, or even takes a back seat it will produce demobilization, stagnation, or a detour; if not all three.  The key is when this happens not to get stuck and remove God from His rightful seat.  Keeping God in His rightful seat is done when we consult with and acknowledge Him in every area and walk of life’s journey.  This is important if lasting biblical success is the goal.




Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print