Disciplining Your Mind
by stephanie reck

 

Allowing your mind to entertain, meditate and think whatever comes into your mind can cause you to have a “wilderness mentality.” A wilderness mentality is not disciplined and allows whatever thoughts that come into your mind to believe as truth.

 

Your thoughts and what you think about really do affect you.

 

Choosing to allow your mind to be a wilderness does have consequences. For many years I allowed my mind to run wild and think whatever came into my mind. I did not understand that my health and emotions were affected by not disciplining my mind. I believed that if a thought came into my mind that it was my thought, and I did not know that the enemy can place negative thoughts in my mind. I learned through a book by Joyce Meyers’s that “the mind is a battlefield.” Not every thought that comes into your mind is coming from you, but from the enemy that hopes you will come into agreement with his lies.

 

When you don’t take every thought captive into the obedience of Jesus Christ and instead reflect, believe and agree with every thought that comes into your mind, these are a few of the consequences:

 

 

  1. An undisciplined mind creates discontentment.
  2. An undisciplined mind can lead to anxiousness, worry and fear.
  3. An undisciplined mind can lead to frustration, anger, hatred, rage and violence.
  4. An undisciplined mind can cause you to focus more on your problems than your blessings.
  5. An undisciplined mind can lead to discouragement and eventually depression.
  6. An undisciplined mind can cause you to dwell on the past.
  7. An undisciplined mind can cause you to complain, murmur, and to be ungrateful.
  8. An undisciplined mind drains you of energy.
  9. An undisciplined mind can lead to high blood pressure.
  10. An undisciplined mind can lead to mood disorders.
  11. An undisciplined mind can increase stress.
  12. An undisciplined mind can cause you to have less confidence.

 

Your thoughts and emotions affect your health. Negative feelings of helplessness and hopelessness can create chronic stress, which upsets the body’s hormone balance, depletes neurotransmitters in the brain responsible for happiness, and damages the immune system. If you have a tendency to over-react to stress, it could be due to changes in your brain brought on by negative thinking. Stress from negative thinking creates changes in the brain that may affect your likelihood of mood disorders such as anxiety and depression.

 

 

To learn more about how to discipline your mind, check out my book, “Disciplining your mind 30 days to a better you!”

 

Make sure to subscribe to my blog where you will get weekly articles this month on how to conqueror negative thinking @ www.stephaniereck.com

 

 

 



Stephanie R. Reck, LMSW, LBT, BCCC
Stephanie Reck, Coaching & Consultation Services
www.stephaniereck.com
[email protected]
Stephanie Reck Coaching & Consultation Services, @2024
Author of, "Disciplining Your Mind 30 Days to a Better You!"

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print