Summertime, Alcohol and Assault
by Rik Charbonneaux

".. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone." Romans 12:17b NIV

Maybe it is because of social media's negative effect upon our patience, or perhaps the effects of video gaming making us more violent, or as the Scriptures say, maybe mankind is just right on schedule with their increasing tendency for behaving badly.

In the west, the current deadly combination taking more lives and more personal injuries and property damage than ever before is humans consuming alcohol in the heat of summer.

Definitely something to consider as we attend family celebrations or public events this summer where alcohol is being consumed, which considerably raises your chances of becoming a victim of alcohol related violence.

Basically, the incidents of violence caused by immediate family member or relatives is equally spread across male and female victims, however younger girls ages 16 to 24 are the most likely victims, and alcohol is by far the leading factor in both private and public situations.

As to the costs of the deaths, personal injury, property damages and lost productivity (GDP) caused by something as simple and irresponsible as our current "buzz-drinking" problem ($400+ Billion annually*), they will keep rising with the times. It seems that we have lost our love of our fellowman along with any regard for each others safety.

We have just touched upon the effects of the deadly combination of hot temperatures, hot tempers and irresponsible people and upon the fact that people are becoming more violent and argumentative toward each other. If you think that you will have a more pleasant summer if you were to avoid situations where alcohol is being consumed, the statistics clearly agree with your thoughts.

Something to consider during the long hot summer.

2014 CDC.gov studies



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print