CLOSURE
by Lupie Riley


Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: That word brings up memories for thousands of people, some good, some not so good. It could be from a bad relationship that ended in divorce, a long legal court process, forgiveness for someone who has physically or emotionally harmed you or putting to rest the death of a loved one.


The latter I have recently experienced with the disposal of my husband ashes in the beautiful Rocky Mountains where he installed the electrical system for the Yamcola dam. After the service we were blessed with several monarch butterflies one landing at the foot of a family member. We took it as a sign that all was well and he was in a happy place free from several years of physical pain nearing the end of his life. We put our hope in God's promise that we will see him again in that place that God has prepared for all His children called heaven.


Jesus had closure too as he hung on the cross and spoke those words "It is finished" God's plan of redemption was completed with the bodily sacrifice of Jesus as he took all of mankind's sins upon himself and paid the price we all deserved. He also left us a sign through His return in Spirit to enter all who believed in who he is (the embodiment of God) and what he accomplished on the cross (our redemption ). As a man during his short years on this planet he could only reach out to those around him but as God in Spirit he offers himself to anyone who would accept his gift of forgiveness and eternal life. For those who make this decision to invite him (spiritually) into their life he gives them hope of eternal life hereafter...a life that will never end and a re-union with those who have went on to be with Jesus forever and ever.


Prayer: Father God, there are no words to thank you for what you accomplished on that cross for all mankind. I stand in awe at your power, love and majesty as Creator of all things. I hold onto your promise that we will see our loved ones again and be able to live with you forever. Amen


Verse: 1 CORINTHIANS 15:51-52 The Amplified Bible (AMP) Listen very carefully, I tell you a mystery [a secret truth decreed by God and previously hidden, but now revealed]; we will not all sleep [in death], but we will all be [completely] changed [wondrously transformed], in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at [the sound of] the last trumpet call. For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [who believed in Christ] will be raised imperishable, and we will be [completely] changed [wondrously transformed].



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print