The Maytag Man
by PamFord Davis

Some commercials become classics. How could I forget the lonely Maytag man? Like Bobby Vinton, he was ‘Mr. Lonely.’ The Maytag marketing strategy was brilliant. They wanted prospective customers to trust them; to believe their washers & dryers were dependable. The Maytag man had no repair jobs; he was lonely and bored.

Are we dependable?

Can people depend on me; can God?

A question was posed in a recent Bible Study. What was the most dependable thing we ever owned? My husband surprised the group (and me) with his answer… ‘Pam, but I don’t own her!’ I’m glad he feels that way. I want him to know that he can depend on me.

Of greater importance, we can depend on God. We can trust Him; we should trust Him.

“Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, ‘Lord, there is no one besides You to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in You, and in Your name have come against this multitude. O Lord, You are our God; let not man prevail against You (2 Chronicles 14:11 NASB).”

Ah, Asa knew the truth. By themselves, in their own strength; his nation was powerless in facing the enemy. He turned to the true God.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print