More People Are Following Internet Churches
by Rik Charbonneaux

"In crisis or transition, people are most likely to come to faith because they are looking for stability. They are looking for some kind of salvation." . Marcus Rogers

In the West, there has never been a better time than right now to have your Christian articles and poem on line through Faith writer as more and more people are turning away from church and going to the internet to the internet worship than ever before. No longer desiring church fellowship, people are filling the void with Facebook communities. Many who do so say it is far more inviting and comfortable to consider and exchange religious views on the internet than it is to do a face-to-face in the church.*

On the Facebook Church Community side of things, preachers with a flair for writing sermons and motivating people are rapidly coming to the forefront. With an on-line audience of over 800,000 followers, one such internet preacher, Chicago's Marcus Rogers, has the simple mission of preaching this thought: "I am just a nobody trying to tell everybody about somebody who can save anybody! His name is Jesus," and then delivers his views by posting articles and videos to millions of views. This is the typical formula of how an internet church functions.

Unlike internet sites like Faithwriters.com, which is well-known around the world and draws a very diverse audience of followers and has significant editorial oversight, the internet church sites are more apt to be the destination of those who were never raised with the hope that comes with any type of Christian fellowship. As more people migrate to the internet for this type of cyber worship and fellowship, fewer and fewer will turn to the church for answers to spiritual questions.

Older Americans like myself would say that an internet church preacher and community is a non-traditional practice and that many followers will fall victim to the rambling of anyone who thinks they are a pastor or a prophet. Yet, the younger among us think it is made to order for their preferences and likes.

For those who say that internet churches are a wave of the future that cannot be stopped, they have the projections of the future are on their side. For those of us who have seen fifty or more years of change in the church, we see it as another place that some can go for answers and fellowship after they have left their church.

* "Internet preachers rise as more worshipers migrate online" by Leonardo Blair — CP World, 6/24/2019



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print