A Taste of Honey
by PamFord Davis

In the days of the Old Testament, God sent His Holy Spirit upon chosen individuals.

The wife of Manoah was one of His chosen vessels. The LORD gave her special prenatal instructions. In addition, he shared specific rules for Samson; the son she bore.

Samson disobeyed.

“Then Samson went down to Timnah with his father and mother, and came as far as the vineyards of Timnah; and behold, a young lion came roaring toward him. The Spirit of the Lord came upon him mightily, so that he tore him as one tears a young goat though he had nothing in his hand; but he did not tell his father or mother what he had done (Judges 14:5-6 NASB).”

Later, Samson returned to the scene.

“… he turned aside to look at the carcass of the lion; and behold, a swarm of bees and honey were in the body of the lion. So he scraped the honey into his hands and went on, eating as he went. When he came to his father and mother, he gave some to them and they ate it; but he did not tell them that he had scraped the honey out of the body of the lion (Judges 14:8b-9 NASB).”

Samson not only defiled himself by touching a dead animal; he misled his parents.

He cast aside consecration for ‘a taste of honey.’



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print