Bickering
by Kaylee Blake

Hey, Linda, whered I put the newspaper?

You put it right on the counter, Larry. I moved it.

Moved it where?

Somewhere.

Somewhere where?

Linda let out an exasperated sigh. I dont know. But if you hadnt put it on the counter, while was trying to make dinner, then I wouldnt have had to move it.

So you moved my paper, but you dont know where you put it?

Thats right. Im not your paper keeper.

Well, sure ya are! Thats what wives are for.

Linda turned away from the boiling pot of water, her color rising from the heat of the stove and the anger bubbling within her. She pointed her finger at him and placed her other hand on her hip. Now is not a good time to mess with me, Larry! Contrary to popular belief, wives are not slaves designed to pick up and tidy after their husbands! They have other more important matters than keeping track of the stuff that husbands lay around. If you left something on my counter and I moved it and now I dont know where it is, then you deserve to have it lost!

Your counter? Im the one that works. Didnt I pay for this counter? Pushing the buttons just a little harder, Larrys eyes twinkled with mischief, but his wife didnt seem to notice.

The only one that works! Linda quoted. You know, youre right. I just sit on the couch all day and eat bon-bons and watch soap operas. I never do the laundry, I never cook this family any meals, and I hardly ever clean your house. What was I thinking?! Larry, dear, sit down on this chair. You must be simply exhausted from not having to keep three children out trouble all day. Here, you rest while I fetch your slippers and coffee. Would you like the paper, too? Oh, wait, I seemed to have misplaced it. Shame on me. Her voice was as thick with sarcasm.

Larry knew he had gone far enough; perhaps even a little too far. Grinning sheepishly, he held up his hands in a gesture of defeat. Its no big deal, honey. Im just teasing you, ya know.

Turning back to the stove with a huff, Linda refused to acknowledge him any further.

Larry walked around the kitchen counter and placed a kiss on Lindas ear. Still, she didnt respond. I love you, Linda. Im just a big tease and cant help myself. Dont take it so personal. He began to massage her shoulders. Just relax.

Linda closed her eyes and allowed some of the tension within her, to dissipate. But she still wasnt ready to give up. Women dont like it when men tell them to relax.

Ill try to remember that. Larry removed at Hersheys milk chocolate bar from his pocket. Here, have some chocolate. Do women like to hear that?

Mmmm. They sure do!

So were good now?

Yep, alls well, now.

Good. Larry winked at the little freckled faced girl watching the whole exchange from the dining room.

Wow, Grandpa! she squealed in amazement. You was right! Got her mad and calmed her down in five minutes flat. Can you teach me to do that?


Kaylee Baracskai is a teen from Northeast Ohio. She enjoys writing fiction, mostly about issues teens today face, skits, biblical fiction, historical fiction, and the "hard, but real" topics in life. http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=20313

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print