Names Cause Problems for Brother and Sister
by Greg Miller

By Greg Miller © 2019

 

Queen and her husband, King, were determined that their children would grow up to be royalty.

 

King and Queen were so convinced of the future of their son and daughter, they named their son, Majesty, and they named their daughter, Royalty.

 

Evan as infants, King and Queen would not permit their children to participate in activities the parents viewed as beneath their station in life. Both Royalty and Majesty were members of their elementary school’s drama club, but were only permitted to portray roles in productions that the parents viewed as worthy of their perceived higher stations in life. “We named you Royalty and Majesty for a reason,” said Queen.

 

“Yes, we did,” agreed King. “And we’re determined to do our best to see that you live up to the names we selected for you at birth.”

 

By the time Royalty and Majesty were ready for high school, they thought about nothing but themselves. Their attitudes were so bad, the drama instructor, Mr. Prince, would not permit the twins to enroll in the elective class.

 

“Being in this group means you must think about the entire class, not just yourselves,” he said. “If your attitudes change by the end of this semester, the principal, Mrs. Kingdom, will let me know. If there is enough improvement, I will allow you to enroll in next semester’s class.”

 

Royalty and Majesty were extremely disappointed because they couldn’t enroll in the drama class, but they were determined to be allowed to enroll the following semester, so they tried very hard to improve their attitudes. They realized they couldn’t continue to only think of themselves, so they started a two-person drama club, writing their own scripts and performing the productions for their parents.

 

By this time, King and Queen had recently become Christians and recognized the error of their ways. They had prayed with their children to receive Christ as their savior, and were helping their son and daughter in the quest to discover a better outlook on life.

 

King and Queen encouraged their son and daughter with their in-home performances and with their efforts on attitude improvement. “You’re doing a much better job of exhibiting a better attitude,” said King.

 

“And we’re all doing so much better with the problems of life since we became Christians,” said Queen.

 

“That’s right,” said King. “We’ve all discovered that, as Christians, we still have problems, but now there’s a big difference.”

 

“A very big difference,” chuckled Queen. “We still have to deal with life’s problems, but now the Lord Jesus Christ walks through even the most difficult problems with us!”

 

 

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements (in the U.S.A.), including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please type “Speaking Engagements” in the subject line and e-mail [email protected][email protected] or [email protected].

 



By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print