The Plumb Line
by PamFord Davis

I’m surprised at how vividly I remember some things from my childhood. I won’t comment on the things I have forgotten (from then or today). My mind stored images of Dad, Grandpa Ford and Uncle Wallace building our garage.

I watched as they were building a wall. Checking their work, to be sure that the boards and wall were level; the men used a plumb line and level tool. Both the plumb line and level fascinated me.

“Thus He showed me, and behold, the Lord was standing by a vertical wall with a plumb line in His hand. The Lord said to me, ‘What do you see, Amos?’ And I said, ‘A plumb line.’ Then the Lord said,

‘Behold I am about to put a plumb line
In the midst of My people Israel.
I will spare them no longer (Amos 7:7-8 NASB).” 

The nation of Israel did not measure up to God’s covenant standard. He voiced a warning of upcoming judgment. The LORD is a righteous judge; He is sovereign.

“Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself (John 12:31 NASB).”

Judgment… Have His people heeded the warnings?

“For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God (1 Peter 4:17 NASB)?



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print