Transitioning Into Your New Season
by stephanie reck

 

This month I will be writing on preparing for your new season, make sure to subscribe to my blog so that you don’t miss these articles that are sent directly into your inbox.

 

As you transition out of your old season (or former way of living) and into your new season you may feel like you have one foot still in your old season and one foot in your new season. This in-between season is known as transitioning, you’re not quite in the new season but your former season is closing.

 

As I have begun to transition into my new season, some similar or familiar occurrences have happened that had me believing I was still in my old season. I knew through spending time with God, through reading the Word and through prophetic words that I was beginning a new season. However, it looked like I would remain stuck in the past season.

 

After asking the Holy Spirit why I was experiencing “old season” circumstances while trying to cross over to my new season, He revealed the following reasons:

 

  1. During the transition time, the enemy tries to block, hinder and delay your entering into your new season. The transition time is very crucial, because this is where many people go back to the familiar because they believe the reports and lies of the enemy. The enemy will use old situations and people to magnify and distort reality hoping you will take the bait and be so discouraged that you fail to enter into your new season.
  2. The enemy wants you to believe that you still feel the same about the “giants” in your life (giants are people/situations that appear bigger than God). In your new season you still see the “giants,” but you no longer cower in fear and intimidation, but as someone who knows that the Great I Am is on your side.
  3. Old habits, behaviors and attitudes will resurface. You thought you were done with getting angry, still feeling disappointed over the same things, or overeating or drinking but it seems like the issues that you have been trying to be delivered from has come back with a vengeance. Familiar situations will arise to tempt you to go back but don’t lust after the enticements placed in front of you, turn quickly and flee. The enemy just wants to know that you are serious about giving up your old ways.
  4. Relationships that have caused you trouble or stress will seem to come from every direction. These people are used by the enemy to cause you to doubt and to distract you. You will now be able to laugh at the enemies feeble attempts to use the same people he has in the past to disrupt you. You will stand your ground and not be moved by chaos because you will know you have the authority to command these spirits to cease operations. You still love these people in your life, but you give no mercy to the enemy working in their lives. You take the fight up in the spiritual realm not with the person.
  5. Situations and people in your life may look the same, but you have been tested and refined in the midst of your afflictions and you are not the same. You have a strength and steadfastness in the spirit that terrifies the enemy. You walk in authority that is yours through Jesus Christ and the enemy can see this through you.

 

During your time of transition be on guard for familiar traps, seductions, schemes, and tactics of the enemy. The enemy will not use anything or anyone new to try and trip you up, he already knows your blueprint. Resist the enemy immediately and do not speak out your frustrations, keep moving along by faith. Go directly to God with any complaints you may have. The enemy wants you to “curse” your situations and circumstances so that your new season keeps getting delayed. Remain watchful and discerning of the spiritual realm, and take your concerns to the Lord.

 

Your transition phase will go quickly if you resist at the onset the enemy’s plans, stay in faith, and continue to speak life over your circumstances. During the transition phase you have to walk by faith and not sight, not easy to do if you are experiencing the opposite of what you believe will be in your new season. Expect any day to be fully emerged into your new season.

 

Reflect: Ask God to give you a vision of what your new season will look like, and then write what He shows you down. Keep that vison in your mind and declare over yourself daily what is coming in your new season.

 

See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you. Isaiah 42:9



Stephanie R. Reck, LMSW, LBT, BCCC
Stephanie Reck, Coaching & Consultation Services
www.stephaniereck.com
[email protected]
Stephanie Reck Coaching & Consultation Services, @2024
Author of, "Disciplining Your Mind 30 Days to a Better You!"

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print