Lightning Strikes
by PamFord Davis

Florida is known as the Sunshine State; it could just as easily be called the tourism state. Tourists travel from around the world to Disney World and Florida’s picturesque beaches. I’m sure they downplay the distinction of lightning state. Florida is reported to have the most lightning strikes per square mile. (geek.com)

“For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be (Matthew 24:27 NKJV).” 

Most of the lightning that I’ve seen was vertical in direction; with a bright flash from above. I’ve witnessed only a few horizontal lightning strikes. Without a doubt, I saw my most spectacular lightning display from the passenger seat of an 18 wheeler. It occurred when my husband was a cross country truck driver. It was like nothing we’d ever seen.

Multitudes will see Jesus, the Son of Man’s second coming!

“For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words (1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print