Staying on the Rails
by Rik Charbonneaux

"..forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14 KJV

Since their creation, railroads do all of the heavy lifting in America's distribution of goods and their trains, like people, do splendidly as long as they stay on the rails.

When 125 railroad cars, 10,000 tons of freight and three locomotives head down the wrong track to a destination of destruction, the sudden stop can be memorable indeed! So, as with Christianity, there are many rules, orders and expectations that work together in keeping things moving in the right direction, on time and on track.

Do you observe the signs that wisdom from Scriptures places before you in your walk along the higher road? Although you chose the road less traveled, like a train speeding along on the southbound main, by following it, you will arrive at your "pre" destination. To look to the left or to the right at those who beckon to you and say "join us in this, it's OK", and attempt to drag you down to the broad and lower road, well that is the reason for the signs. They are the verses and wisdom that keeps you on track with God's plan of salvation.

Whether you proceed in a urban life with it multiple main tracks and satellite guidance, or are just ambling along on that worn out track we call "fly over country", you cannot go wrong if you keep an eye on the signs, your mind on Christ and the Scriptures, and a firm hand on the throttle of self-control. So have a safe run in this life and try to keep things between the rails!



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print