The High Notes
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly…singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs.." (Colossians 3:16) ESV

When a young Andy Williams would hit the high note of "Oh Holy Night" or when Norm Lewis took us "to where we long to be" with the high note of "Music of the Night" (Phantom of the Opera), their extremes of the human voice could stir the heart and liven the imagination of their listeners.

In a similar manner, the message of the Gospel can lift the head and heart of the listener and, like the effects of that beautiful high note, those who had no view of a true eternity were lifted to that knowledge and a concept of their place in it.

The bearer of the Good News, like an exceptional singer, has been given time in the moment of another's life to make all the difference in their awareness and appreciation of the human experience. Unlike that exceptional singer, the difference they present is self-sustaining through the power of the Holy Spirit and is eternal in effect.

If you have the wonderful opportunity to present the Gospel of Christ to one who is ready to receive the Good News, then hit the highest notes of your life through sharing and helping to lift another person out of the bondage of disbelief, misinformation or ignorance.

Note: A heart breaking and very real statistic in America is this: adults age 19 and over have just a 6-percent probability of ever becoming Christians.*

*"When Americans become Christian" - SNU.edu



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print