TRUST AND OBEY
by Lupie Riley

Freelance writer Lupie Riley 


Thought: Most of us are familiar with the old gospel song entitled "Trust and Obey" The words go something like this: "When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word what a glory he sheds on our way! While we do his good will He abides with us still and with all who will trust and obey." These two actions cannot be separated. If we trust we will also obey God's instruction not only from His Word but His Spirit within.


A good example from the Old Testament was the story of Abraham and Isaac. God gave Abraham explicit instruction as to what he was to do with Isaac (an example of God's sacrifice of His only begotten Son, Jesus). Abraham obeyed in spite of the horrendous deed he was about to perform. Abraham trusted God to intercede on behalf of Isaac in which the Lord did by sending a ram in Isaac's place. Trust and obedience go hand in hand in our spiritual walk.

Without works faith becomes weak and void. We do not lose our Salvation but our faith becomes unproductive. We can believe a storm is coming but if we do not prepare for it there is consequences. Do we believe we are living in the end of the age of grace and prepare by living daily with this expectation and obedience to the Spirits prompting or just go our own way without preparing for that day when we will meet the Lord face to face.


When we are walking in the light of His Word and obedient to God's instruction in that Word what a glory he sheds on our way. He will be the light that shines like a torch that led the Israelite's to the promise land in the darkness of the night. We are living in dark times with the world turning their backs on the great I AM and we need to be obedient to the Jesus light that keeps us on the right path and ready for His return as King of Kings. "Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at his feet or we'll walk by His side in the way. What He says we will do, where He sends we will go, never fear, only trust and obey."


Prayer: Father God I pray for the peoples of this great nation to turn to you for Salvation so that you can continue to bless our country with your grace and mercy. When we walk with you peace, love and joy becomes a part of our life and we have the confidence that eternal life is ahead of us with you as our King of Kings. Amen

Verse: Psalms 33:20-22 " We depend upon the Lord alone to save us. Only He can help us: He protects us like a shield. No wonder we are happy in the Lord! For we are trusting Him. We trust His Holy name. Yes, Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print