Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring Discuss Changing Seasons
by Greg Miller

By Greg Miller © 2019

 

Less than three weeks of summer officially remained on the calendar.

 

However, the warmest season of the year refused to die without a fight. “Just like Winter, Spring and Autumn, I want to live as long as I can,” Summer insisted, as he and Autumn held their annual mini-convention about the inevitable change of seasons.

 

“Of course you do, sir!” Autumn exclaimed respectfully. “I feel the same way when it’s time to give way to Winter and when it’s Winter’s time to give way to Spring and her ideas about resurrection and new life.”

 

“The cycle never ends,” Summer said. “I want to live forever and never have to give way to you, then you’d never have to give way to Spring and Spring would never have to give way to me. My life would be great!”

 

“But it’s not all about you!” Autumn reminded her friend. “You only comprise 25 percent of the year, as do each of the rest of us!”

 


“I’m well aware of that fact!” Summer admitted. “But it would be nice if we didn’t have to keep switching schedules.”

 

Winter believed Summer and Autumn were having a pointed discussion, so he decided to look up the talkative twosome and join the conversation. Spying the friendly adversaries strolling together through a quiet neighborood park, Winter walked up to the other seasons and remarked, “The four of us should get along better. The Sovereign Lord created each of us seasons to honor Him, and when we can’t get along, we don’t even come close to meeting that goal. We should do everything we can to glorify Him and start to talk less about ourselves, because He, not us, is the center of the Universe.”

 

All of a sudden, Spring came walking down his life’s pathway, which would soon intersect with the pathways of the other three seasons. She noticed the threesome, engaged in spirited conversation about their respective roles in fulfilling God’s plan for the earth. “We’re discussing God’s plan for us,” said Summer. “Do you want to join us?”

 

“Certainly,” grinned Spring. “I would like to share one thought from the bottom of my heart.”

 

“Share away,” said Winter.

 

“Okay, here goes,” said Spring. “Humans are supposed to glorify the Sovereign Lord with their lives, right?”

 

“Right!” agreed Summer.

 

“And I believe we as the four seasons are also supposed to honor God with our attitudes and actions,” said Spring. “So we must stop thinking so much of ourselves and start thinking more about how God wants to use us to minister to the human race.”

 

“I know,” said Autumn. “Because it’s only as we minister to humanity that we serve God Himself!”

 

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements (in the U.S.A.), including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please type “Speaking Engagements” in the subject line and e-mail [email protected][email protected] or [email protected].



By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print