Granny, Go
by PamFord Davis

Granny, go…

I don’t like to drive fast; the truth is, I don’t like to drive at all. I’d much rather leave it to my husband. I avoid city driving but do drive close to home; taking my time when driving to church, shopping or running errands. I follow speed limits and stay in my lane; passing vehicles only as a last resort.

That little old lady from Pas-adena was in a big hurry. (Jan and Dean/The Little Old Lady From Pasadena/ 1964) Why was she going so fast? Maybe a grandchild double-dared her; go!

Will I follow Jesus’ command? He told His disciples to go.

“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’ Amen (Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV).”

The LORD is leading the way. As my shepherd, He goes before me.

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake (Psalm 23:1-3 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print