Clint's Bucket List
by PamFord Davis

Ever drank water straight from a natural spring?

If you answered in the negative, you don’t know what you missed.

Affirmative?

Then, you have shared in my delight. I grew up in the rural neighborhood of Mycenae, New York; with a spring in walking distance from home. I went there often. Its waters were always ice cold and refreshing spearmint grew along the water’s edge. Lots of children frequented the site. Neighbor, Clint Wittwer went repeatedly.

I doubt Clint kept a bucket list.

If he had, he could have kept count. Over the years, Clint toted numerous buckets of water from the spring. His efforts resulted in fresh drinking water for his wife Laura and their 6 children. If my memory serves me, Mr. Clint Wittwer was wounded in World War II. It left him with a noticeable limp; yet, he never complained.

He walked with a spring in his step!

“Jesus said, ‘Everyone who drinks from this water will get thirsty again. But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again—ever! In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up within him for eternal life (John 4:13-14 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print