Be Willing And Obedient To Eat The Good Of The Land
by Ngozi Nwoke

Is the land where you are satisfying you with the good she has? Every land has been endowed by God with some good things which her inhabitants can benefit from. However, many people are not having the taste of the goodies that their land has to offer them; rather they are wallowing in poverty. This article reveals the secret to eating the good of the land.

If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword"; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken - Isaiah 1:19-20 (NKJV).

In a land where some people are murmuring and complaining that they are suffering and in poverty, others are making it genuinely and not out of evil practices. They are eating the good of the land.

God desires for you to enjoy the blessings He had attached to the land where you are, and He has given the key to its actualization. Operation of this key will open you up to great blessings. The key is in being willing and obedient to the Lord's instructions per time.

Be willing and obedient

This is one wisdom God has laid down in order for us to live successfully on earth. You must be both willing and obedient to the Lord in order to eat the good of the land. Being obedient and yet unwilling will not yield good fruits to you, so also will being willing and not obedient yield nothing to you. Two of them must be in place for you to enjoy the good of the land.

God has a plan and purpose for every individual. A discovery and pursuit of it will yield great fruits for you. Many Christians, though they know God's plan for them are not willing to pursue it. Some disobey because they think the Lord's plan is not ideal for them, while others are bothered about the contrary opinion of the society, family and friends. Some Christians may be willing to pursue the plan and purpose but they want to do it their own way, while some will obey His instructions but not willingly. All these attitudes will affect the good that is to go to them. You must be willing and obedient to eat the good of the land.

God said that if you refuse and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword. This sword can be in form of poverty, sickness and diseases, failure, depression and frustration. Some Christians are suffering one or more of these things but are unaware that these are results of disobedience to the Lord or unwilling attitude to work. These opened the door for the enemy to afflict them.

Total obedience

God requires total obedience and not partial obedience. Partial obedience is not obedience. It still amounts to disobedience. Until, you do it as the Lord said, you have not obeyed Him. There is no prize for an uncompleted work; until you finish you are not rewarded. You work on God's terms and not your terms.

Abraham was a man who was willing and who walked in total obedience to the words of God. God told him to leave his father's country and go to a place He would show him and he got up and left without knowing what next to expect or where he was going to (Genesis 12:1-4). He never returned to that land again. He even instructed his servant never to take his son to that place (Genesis 24:4-6). Abraham obeyed God in all and he was greatly blessed in all things (Genesis 24:1).

Isaac too was willing and obedient and the land of famine yielded greatly for him that the Philistines envied him. The Lord asked him not to go down to Egypt but to stay in the land of famine and he obeyed. He sowed in that land and it yielded hundredfold unto him the same year (Genesis 26:1-6, 12-14. It pays to obey God, He knows and has the best things for us, and therefore it is wisdom to simply obey Him.

In conclusion, what has God laid in your heart to do? Be willing and obedient to do it. It may not seem to be the ideal thing to do, do it all the same, for in your willingness and obedience lie your joy and peace and your ability to eat the good of the land.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print