Uncle Wallace
by PamFord Davis

Uncle Wallace was a man of few words.

“He who has knowledge spares his words,
And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit (Proverbs 17:27 NKJV)."

Yes, that aptly describes Uncle Wallace. He never said much; I’d go as far as to say he was shy and uncomfortable around people. We were an affectionate family; yet, I remember him blushing as I gave him a goodbye kiss on his cheek. A man of understanding…

He understood the truth in ‘A penny saved is a penny earned.’

Uncle Wallace owned a nice car but chose a regular ride to his place of employment. Aunt Jessie rode the bus to her job in the big city. As a result, he saved money on gas and upkeep on their vehicle. Unless needed for grocery shopping, trips to the barber shop or a doctor; he kept the spic-and-span Chevy parked in his garage. Calm and collected, Uncle Wallace enjoyed the simple life.

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

‘So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these (Matthew 6:25-29 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print