Capital City
by PamFord Davis

Have you been to your capital city? I went to Albany, New York on my 8th grade class field trip. Seeing our state capital was informative and exciting. I even caught a glimpse of our governor, Nelson Rockefeller. I remember walking the steps of a beautiful staircase and peering up to gaze at the dome ceiling of the capital building.

I also have memories of our nation’s capital, Washington D.C. At the age of 12, I first toured the city with my family. I have returned a few times. Though always a thrill, I could not recapture the awe of first viewing Lincoln Monument and the White House. I cannot imagine Jesus’ sadness as He looked at Jerusalem, the capital city.

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.  Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!  For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord (Matthew 23:37-39 NASB)!”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print