Living by Faith
by PamFord Davis

“Behold, as for the proud one,
His soul is not right within him;
But the righteous will live by his faith (Habakkuk 2:4 NASB).”

Are we living by faith?

“For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘But the righteous man shall live by faith (Romans 1:17 NASB).” 

What is faith?

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1 NASB).”

Not seen, yet we seek Him…

“And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him (Hebrews 11:6 NASB).”

Our reward?

Salvation!

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;  not as a result of works, so that no one may boast (Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB).”

God gives us faith to believe.

“For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith (Romans 12:3 NASB).”

Are you living by faith; am I?

“However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth (Luke 18:8b NASB)?”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print