More Felt Board Faith
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember felt boards?

They were once very popular.

Sunday school teachers used them as an effective teaching tool; a way to visually explain Bible stories. The combination of show & tell entertained while it conveyed spiritual truth. Sometimes we fail to give old fashioned teaching methods the credit deserved.

Are we too old for felt board faith? I don't think so. If a picture is worth a thousand words a lot of knowledge can be crammed onto a felt board. Visualize a sky blue background, representing God's creation.

A teacher places a dim outline of a man in the center of the board. The figure represents man in his sin; he is separated from God. The instructor then places a bright white figure directly over the man. This is Christ Jesus in all of His glory.

Do you know where that sinful man is?

The man, woman or child is hidden in Christ.

“Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:2-3 NKJV).”

We need more felt board faith!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print