One Thing To Be Mindful Of As You Mind Other Things
by Ngozi Nwoke

What is the most important thing in your life? This determines what you do daily and what you mind daily in life. Many people mind more what profits them more. However, there is one thing to be mindful of as you mind other things. This article is aimed at revealing this one thing, which gives the highest profit ever.

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels - Mark 8:36-38 (NKJV).

While on earth, we need to mind so many things: our families, jobs, businesses, health, friends, etc. These are all very important. However, what we value most determines what we mind more. We tend to spend more time on this thing compared to others. Many people spend more time trying to make themselves comfortable on earth. This is good but it shouldn't be at the detriment of our comfort after this life.

Surely there is life after this life (Matthew 25:46), and this second life is forever. Therefore, being mindful of only things that pertain to life on earth is not wisdom. This is because the number of years you may live on earth is merely like a drop of water compared to eternity wherever you end up after death, heaven or hell. You prepare for where you will be after now while on earth.

So, as you mind the things that will enable you to enjoy your life here on earth, ensure you also mind this one important thing: your relationship with Christ. Every other thing is secondary. Your relationship with Christ determines what comes to you now and after death. Surely, we will all leave this earth one day. It is wisdom to be more mindful of the life after now.

Don't be fooled by the glamour or challenges of life. These things are temporal and are subject to change even here on earth. Many people are so engulfed in their quest for riches that they have signed damnation for themselves when God desires eternal life for them. It is not wisdom to gain the whole world and lose your soul.

Please note that God's mercies end the day one surrenders to death, judgment follows immediately (Hebrews 9:27). It is not the will of God that any should perish but that all should have eternal life (2 Peter 3:9), but the redemption door shuts against any person after death.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) is enough warning for us. The rich man had it all on earth but was not mindful of his walk with God. So, when he died he went to hell where he prepared for himself while on earth. However, Lazarus though was poor on earth made it to heaven. The rich man asked for help but none was given to him.

Does it mean that you should be poor? Not at all! Remember that Abraham made it to heaven too in the story of the rich man and Lazarus, and the scripture says that he was very rich in cattle, silver and gold (Genesis 13:2). The difference between Abraham and the rich man was that Abraham was also mindful of his walk with God. As a matter of fact, God was first in his life. He was ready to sacrifice anything, including his son Isaac, for the sake of pleasing the Lord, and the Lord swore a blessing upon him and his generations after him (Genesis 22:16- 18). So, his riches came from God.

Therefore, as you occupy till Christ returns ensure that you are forever prepared for eternity with God, whether you go to meet with the Lord before Christ returns or not. Be like the five wise virgins who had oil in their lamps while waiting for the bridegroom to come (Matthew 25:1-13). So, be watchful and ever ready. Be mindful of your walk with Christ as you mind other things.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print