Attitude Is Everything
by Pam Frey

I didn't sleep good last night at all. I woke up at the crack of dawn, trying to go back to sleep but to no avail. I rolled out of the bed, went and got the most needed pot of coffee brewing and came in to turn on my computer as I always do first thing. I stubbed my toe on the computer speaker that was sitting on the floor. I grabbed the dog by her leash to take her outside to do her business and she jerked her chain and made me spill half of my cup of coffee. My first response was to kick the dog as this morning didn't seem to be getting off to the best start. But, I refrained and forgave her. She's just a dog, right. It's not like she did it on purpose. I was sitting on my front porch enjoying my first cup of coffee and I swallowed too hard and it went down the wrong pipe. I threw up all over the porch. Sorry, I know that sounds really gross, but, it's the way it happened.

I could feel irritation trying to get a grip on my emotions with a vengeance. I think the first right thing I did was forgive the dog. Sounds funny that I would have to forgive my dog, but we can have unforgiveness towards all sorts of things.

I thought to myself, "Oh my, not another day like yesterday." Yesterday was a disaster. Thankfully, I caught myself quickly and realized that if I didn't choose my attitude I was going to set the course for my whole day. I stopped for a minute and made a choice to have a good day. It may not be an easy day, but I don't have to be miserable because of circumstances. I confessed out loud, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE and be GLAD in it." No matter what may come my way today, only I can choose my attitude and attitude is everything.

Have a great day!

I am a passionate lover of Jesus.  My desire in writing is to share that passion with others in hopes that they too will catch on FIRE.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print