Going Back Home
by PamFord Davis

I married at the age of 18. Very soon after, my husband and I moved from Central NY State to the Deep South. I was a long way from home. Visits were always special in the years that followed. Planning our trips in advance. I could not contain my excitement and shared plans in frequent letters and occasional long distance phone calls (to Mom, Dad and siblings).

I was going back home.

Upon arrival, my husband pulled into the Mycenae driveway. Exhausted after the long distance drive, I got out of the car and made my way through the garage to the kitchen door. My father was usually the first to greet me.

Imagine (if you can) arrival in our heavenly home. 

Jesus made ready for that return trip home.

“Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end. During supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him,  Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God (John 13:3 NASB).”

He was going back to God, going back home.

“I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father (John 16:28 NASB).”

He kept His word.

“This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven (Acts 1:11b NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print