GOD-TRACKING IS WISELY FOLLOWING GOD OPPORTUNITIES WITH PEACE OF MIND
by Dudley Anderson

GodTracker 734
The e-devotional helping to keep you on track with God’s plans for your life.
GodTracker is published at godtracker.co.uk

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I was attending a pastors’ gathering the other day when an acquaintance came up to me. “I just want to let you know that I have taken up a new position in a church 20 miles away,” he said. I was amazed because I knew Jim to be very settled in his old church and did not expect him to move. As if reading my thoughts, he went on, “It’s not that I was unsettled or anything, I just had a sense God was moving me. I was advised to apply to a different church, but I did not have peace about it. Then this opportunity opened up and everything has just fallen into place.”

I could see the joy and expectation in Jim’s eyes as he explained how the Lord had worked out all the details of his move. God had already prepared the hearts and circumstances of his old church and raised someone up to take his place. His family is young so a move to a new town would be relatively easy. And every detail of his new appointment had been worked out as if he had written the script himself. You see, Jim had acknowledged God, sought his will through Word and Spirit and had kept his heart’s motives pure, as he planned the move. This is God-tracking at its best.

Perhaps you are feeling the pull of God to move on. It could be that he has opened a new opportunity for you, but you are uncertain as to whether it is the right thing to do. Like my friend Jim, be encouraged to pray for God’s hand upon every detail of that move. Seek God’s plans and not your own, with the wisdom that comes from above. This wisdom begins with purity. Check your heart’s motives – your ambitions – for making that move. You may well gain from the changes you face but be sure that it is God’s will you seek and not selfish ambition. Beware of that prowling lion who will attempt to cloud your judgement with seemingly delightful propositions. And remember, the Holy Spirit will always give you a transcending peace when you walk in his will.

I leave you with the words of F. B. Meyer, “Live to please God and he will breathe on thee his peace. Seek his glory, and he will make thy heart his home. Do his will, and thereby good shall come to thee.”

God-tracking is wisely following God-opportunities with peace of mind

READ ALL ABOUT IT
Proverbs 3:5-6
James 3:13-17
Ephesians 5:15-17
1 Peter 5:8
Philippians 4:4-7

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GodTracker IS BROUGHT TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE.

IF THIS DEVOTIONAL HAS BLESSED YOUR LIFE, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE SERVING YOU THROUGH ITS MESSAGES BY BECOMING A VISION PARTNER AT surereality.net/become-a-vision-partner/

THANK YOU
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

DON’T GIVE UP, LOOK UP & PRAY

Whatever the future holds, I trust you to direct my paths that I may walk in your exclusive purposes for me

“Father God, thank you so much for the wonderful opportunities you have given me in the past. I have been so blessed to be part of your plans. However, I sense you are moving me on. Lord, I don’t know where you are moving me to, but help me to hear your voice and follow your plans for my life as I move forward. I acknowledge you in the prospects on my horizon and seek your perfect will for me and my loved ones. Whatever the future holds, I trust you to direct my paths that I may walk in your exclusive purposes for me. I turn away from selfish ambition and surrender my benefits for the sake of your blessings. Thank you for your peace, which passes understanding and helps me to be content wherever you lead. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.”

If you prayed that prayer today, please email me, [email protected]

SUBSCRIBE to the FREE weekly e-devotional GodTracker at, http://eepurl.com/dxTLAf

 

----------------------------

What is GodTracker?

GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional, written by Dudley Anderson, based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His Word calls us to seek his plan by acknowledging him in all our ways and by tracking his purposes, in faith.

Listen to podcasts by Dudley Anderson at, godtracker.co.uk/godtracker-podcasts  



Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print