What You Have Is Enough, Don't Belittle It
by Ngozi Nwoke

How often do you belittle what you have? Many people desire great things but they are ever quick to belittle what they currently have in their possession. They don't see those things as keys to accessing what they desire. What you need for a change of story in your life is not far, it's very much with you. This post stresses the need not to look down on what you have in your quest for greater things in life.

There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two small fish, but what are they among so many? - John 6:9 (NKJV).

So Elisha said to her, "What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?" And she said, "Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil." - 2 Kings 4:2 (NKJV).

For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him - Matthew 13:12 (NKJV).

People are quick to look outside for solutions to their challenges, however, most of the time, their solution is inside. Belittling what you have leads to waste of time, energy and resources, and it delays the Lord's intervention in your life. Sometimes, these persons end up not achieving their dreams because they belittled what they already had.

God works with and multiplies what you already have. Claiming not to have anything hinders the help of God towards you. More will be given to whoever has; but he who hasn't, even that which he has will be taken from him (Matthew 13:12). Therefore, don't be quick to say you don't have. Look inwards and you will see what you have that will help you solve your challenge or get what you want.

In 2 Kings 4:1-7, a widow was in need of cash to pay up her husband's debt so as to save her sons. When she was asked by Elisha what she had, she said, "nothing", before adding that she had a jar of oil. At the end, it was this jar of oil that she considered not enough or as nothing that saved her and her sons.

Also in John 6:9, Andrew considered five barley loaves and two fishes too small to feed the multitude before them; yet those were what fed the five thousand men through the hands of Jesus. God works with what you have, nothing is too small for Him to use.

Starting off with what you have and building on it will eventually get you what you desire and more. It will also build you up personally and equip you to be able to maintain and increase your desire when you get it. What you have is enough, don't belittle it! Don't compare yourself with others, God deals with us individually. Dr David Oyedepo said that what you have is enough if you will think enough.

What you have may be small money, your car, your energy, your talent, or your house. Present it to God and ask for direction on what to do with it. Work on the thoughts that He gives you, run with them, be persistent, not giving up and you will soon see the increase that you couldn't imagine could be yours.

So, what do you have that God can multiply?



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print