He Threw a Party
by PamFord Davis

Throwing a party?

Have you made out the guest list; decided on what refreshments you’ll serve?

How about the decorations and entertainment?

I see your blank expression; am I out stepping my bounds?

Sorry I’m intruding; I didn’t realize it was going to be a pity party.

King Ahab had the pity party to top all pity parties.

“Some time passed after these events. Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard; it was in Jezreel next to the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. So Ahab spoke to Naboth, saying, ‘Give me your vineyard so I can have it for a vegetable garden, since it is right next to my palace. I will give you a better vineyard in its place, or if you prefer, I will give you its value in silver.’

But Naboth said to Ahab, ‘I will never give my fathers’ inheritance to you.’

So Ahab went to his palace resentful and angry because of what Naboth the Jezreelite had told him. He had said, ‘I will not give you my fathers’ inheritance.’ He lay down on his bed, turned his face away, and didn’t eat any food.

Then his wife Jezebel came to him and said to him, ‘Why are you so upset that you refuse to eat?’

‘Because I spoke to Naboth the Jezreelite,’ he replied. ‘I told him: Give me your vineyard for silver, or if you wish, I will give you a vineyard in its place. But he said, ‘I won’t give you my vineyard (1 Kings 21:1-6 HCSB).”

Poor, Ahab; he didn’t even eat at his pity party!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print