How to Experience God
by Tonja Taylor

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows). John 10:10, (AMPC)

Here are a few ways that you can truly experience God:

  1. Thankfulness. You have much to be grateful for, and every good thing comes from our good God!
  2. Prayer. What a privilege and honor to be able to communicate in a personal relationship with the Creator and Sustainer of Heaven and earth, through Jesus Christ, His Son! Prayer is basically talking to God. There are many ways to pray, for various purposes. God hears our prayers when we pray in His Will (I John 5:14-15).
  3. Praise and Worship. God is worthy of all honor and glory. And, praise and worship is not nearly as much for Him (He already has all the elders and saints in Heaven, and all the holy angels, worshiping Him forever!), as it is for us–to make us thankful and aware of His Presence, and because when we magnify Him, it gives Him greater access to work wonders among and for us! Praise and worship can involve singing; playing insTruments; raising hands; dancing to His Glory; rehearsing His goodness to you; reading His Word out loud; serving in the Church and community and wherever you are to His Honor; giving finances and prayers and encouragements and possessions…
  4. Reading His Word. The Bible is God’s Library of Love Letters to you! It spells out His will, and is the Answer for successful life. When you read it out loud, it is even more powerful!
  5. Listening. First of all, we should stop our business and rest and listen to God. More than one pastor has stated that “God is always speaking, but we need to listen.” We also show respect when we take time to truly listen to others; God usually uses other people to minister to us!
  6. Enjoying God’s Creation. Even one tiny ant, one tiny leaf, has so much amazing creative thought and design and power in it! Elohim (the Hebrew name for God the Creator) is infinitely wise and the Master Creator, Artist, and Engineer of all things good! Can you imagine what the world must have been like BEFORE the Fall?!). Go sit in the gentle sunshine in a peaceful park or other place and just rest. The LORD often speaks through nature, and truly, as Psalm 19:1 states, “The Heavens declare the Glory of God and the earth shows forth His handiwork!”

Of course, you must be born again by faith in what Jesus did on the cross (John 3:16) to be able to be part of this Royal Family and partake of this sublime life! If you’re not, just tell the LORD JESUS out loud to forgive you for your sins, come into your heart and cleanse and save you, and be your LORD and Savior. HE WILL! All who call upon the Name of the LORD will be saved! (Romans 10:9-13)

Then go tell someone whom you can trust to rejoice with you. Next, ask Him to lead you to a good Bible-believing Church, and to the right Bible for you, if you don’t have one. He will!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print