It Was Shared
by PamFord Davis

Thinking back to your school days…

Did you buy lunch in the cafeteria? Did you instead eat food taken from a lunch box or brown bag?

Mom packed 5 lunches for her children. Normally, we bought school lunches only on Fridays. (Dad got his weekly salary the night before). While eating today, Mom came to mind twice.

I had a yummy peanut butter & bacon sandwich; one of my favorites to take to school. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it! The combination of smooth peanut butter and crisp bacon made my day. An afternoon snack also brought back memories.

I had a small box of raisins; yes, just like Mom packed in many school lunches.  

One boy’s lunch was most memorable. It was shared.

“One of His disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, said to Him, ‘There is a lad here who has five barley loaves and two fish, but what are these for so many people?’ Jesus said, ‘Have the people sit down.’ Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand. Jesus then took the loaves, and having given thanks, He distributed to those who were seated; likewise also of the fish as much as they wanted. When they were filled, He said to His disciples, ‘Gather up the leftover fragments so that nothing will be lost.’ So they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with fragments from the five barley loaves which were left over by those who had eaten. Therefore when the people saw the sign which He had performed, they said, ‘This is truly the Prophet who is to come into the world (John 6:8-14 NASB).”




Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print