Very Good Crop
by PamFord Davis

Nutrition drinks are currently in high demand; new businesses are opening locally to fill the void. Maybe you’ve seen advertisements for a beets nutrition drink. Sounds good to me. Good beets are hard to beat. Can’t believe I said that. Speaking of beats; a couple things come to mind. First, Mom served delicious Harvard beets. Lastly, my younger sister once grew gigantic beets in her Truxton, New York vegetable garden. 

I’d guess she had the perfect combination of the right seed, fertile soil, rain and sunlight. God gave her a good crop; a very good crop.

“Then He said to them: ‘Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any of the parables? The sower sows the word. These are the ones along the path where the word is sown: when they hear, immediately Satan comes and takes away the word sown in them.  And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: when they hear the word, immediately they receive it with joy. But they have no root in themselves; they are short-lived. When pressure or persecution comes because of the word, they immediately stumble. Others are sown among thorns; these are the ones who hear the word, but the worries of this age, the seduction of wealth, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. But the ones sown on good ground are those who hear the word, welcome it, and produce a crop: 30, 60, and 100 times what was sown (Mark 4:13-20 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print