Acknowledge vs. Submit
by Tonja Taylor

The verse (Proverbs 3:5 and 6) says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.”

I had taken this to mean that, when we recognize (that’s what “acknowledge” meant to me) the LORD and thank Him for having directed us, and for directing us in the future (We can totally trust Him!) , then that opens the way for Him to direct our paths–because we are thankful and trust Him and want His direction.

All of this is good. However, when I heart the word “submit” I had a different thought, for to me, “submit” means bowing the knee; giving up my plans for His; doing things His way; and also, “putting it all on the altar” and being willing to give up whatever He wants to change–even if it is never restored.

So, today, Proverbs 3:5 and 6 took on even deeper meaning, and that’s the way the Word works–deepening Revelation, as we continue to sow His living Word into ourselves! So, with His help, I am truly submitting to Him in all my ways, and then, because I am willing to do whatever and change whatever and agree with Him, He is able to help me understand the straight Path for my life. Hallelujah!

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print