Your Holy Health - Part 5 - The Light is Sweet
by Tonja Taylor

Sometimes the most simple things can be overlooked. For this last part of Your Holy Health, there are two easy things the LORD has provided to us all, that will help you have better health:  Fresh air and sunlight.

We were actually create to live in a garden, where all we needed--including fresh air and sunlight--was provided. Sin changed that. However, the LORD has done so much to give us the best life possible, most of all through the LORD Jesus Christ's atoning death on the cross, and His resurrection! 

Fresh air is very important. If you start to feel sleepy, it could be a lack of oxygen, and going outside is best. If not, at least go out into a hall or another room. Also, open the window on your car a bit, or better yet, the vents that let in fresh air even if the heater is on.

Sunlight--direct is best for a few minutes, but even standing by a window or door in the light can help you. I remember working in an office building that was inside a bigger building, and I never knew when the sun shone nor what the weather was, for there were no windows and it was dark. That did not work well for me.

There are electric lights now that imitate sunlight and sunrise, and even a pillow that works that way, to help the sleeper gradually wake up. Depression has been cured in some people, simply by them being exposed often (preferably daily) to several minutes of sunlight, from 10-15 or so. 

As the Word says in Ecclesiastes 11:7, "The light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun." There is a reason for that; we were made for the Light! 

While you're outside getting fresh air and light, you could also try jumping jacks, running in place, or even dancing. Go for it, and you will surely feel better and thus be on your way to greater holy health! 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print