Who Needs a Man?
by Tonja Taylor

James 5:17 (TPT), Elijah was a man with human frailties, just like all of us, but he prayed and received supernatural answers. He actually shut the heavens over the land so there would be no rain for three and a half years!”

About 15 years ago, I read a “joke,” that said something like, “I have a job, email, and pizza delivery. Why would I need a man?”

That is the way a person who doesn’t know God and how He has made us to depend upon Him and one another may think. But that person really does depend on “a man”–if only the “man” who supplies the job, the email service, who built the computer and lines the email comes through, and the one who delivers the pizza, to name a few.

The LORD God of Heaven and earth has chosen to need “a man” and by that, I mean a person–man or woman, boy or girl, who will hear His Voice and work with Him to bring about His Kingdom in this earth.

In Ezekiel 22:30, He says, “I sought a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land that I should not destroy it.” Wow–the LORD is so very patient and gracious, that the prayers of just one person coming earnestly and respectfully before the LORD can save a whole nation! There are many instances in the Bible about this.

Who needs a man? God does. Romans 5:19 is one Scripture the LORD has continued to bring to my awareness through the past couple years, to remind me that, when I–one man–obey Him and lift Him up, He can and will perform His Word and reach people: “For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.”

Jesus, The Man–Who left His diety and became a man to live among us, that He may understand everything that tempts us yet not sin, was one Man.

Hebrews 4:15 (ESV) states, “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in every way that we are,yet was without sin. 16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.… “

What can one–just one man (person) do? Much. There have been rulers that were wicked and accomplished much evil. The LORD never makes mistakes (Romans 11:29) and can use us to accomplish much good. He promises in John 12:32, “And I will do this when I am lifted up off the ground, and when I draw the hearts of people[b] to gather them to me.” 

When we lift up Christ, by letting Him live through us, first of all–and also by telling others about Him, He draws other people to Him. When His Holy Spirit convinces them of their need for Him and they agree, they will be saved.

So, as the song says, “This little light (life) of mine; I’m gonna let it shine.”

Who needs a man? GOD does. He needs YOU! He put you on the earth to know and enjoy Him and help others know how good He is. So just ask Him what your part is, or do what He has already told you to do, and He will work through you and multiply your efforts in marvelous ways!

“He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.” 2 Cor. 9:10, ESV



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print