I'm the Money!
by Tonja Taylor

“And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, tI AM hath sent me unto you.”  – Exodus 3:14, NASB

A few weeks ago, my daughter needed some work shoes for her new job. I had already decided I’d spend about $50 to save her money. When we got to the shoe store, she told the associates that she was there to get shoes. “I’m the money,” I told them.

It felt good to be able to say that. I love to bless my daughter, and it’s the love I have for her that, when she’s around, just flows up from my heart and wants to give and give and give to her–and a lot of that involves money.

Even though she is 22 and almost a college graduate and making her own money, I still just want to lavish her with blessings.

She tried on a couple of kinds, and then eyed the top-of-the-line work boots. “Those are soooo comfortable,” she said. “That’s what I really want.”

I looked at the tag. They were twice what I intended to pay. I had a weak moment, and said, “You could get those later, and let me get you some about $50 for now.”

I felt a little guilty. Where was my faith? I was thinking about getting them for her anyway. I really wanted to, and I knew they would last for years, being such a good brand. It would be worth it.

I had been listening to messages about breaking out of small thinking, and extending my faith to think more like the Covenant woman that I am, through my faith in the Blood of Christ Jesus. My daughter tried on a couple more pair, and, still eyeing the boots, said, “Hey, can you get them for me today and let me pay you back half?”

I was thrilled! I was pleased with her using her faith in my love for her— in my desire to bless and help her—to go for what she really wanted, and to be bold enough to ask!

“Yes, Baby,” I said, and smiled. “You are using your faith and that is great! Good for you!”

She smiled and pulled the boots she wanted off the shelf. When the clerk brought the other boot, she put them both on. “Aaaah, that feels good!” she said. I had her walk a bit to make sure they were just what she wanted.

“Mom, can I have some socks too?”

“Of course, Baby,” I said (She still likes those endearments, after all these years.). “I’ll pay for the socks, and you just pay me half the boots when you can, okay?”

“Thanks!” she said, and happily went off looking for the socks. I knew she was thrilled that, since she had a job, could pay for half the boots herself, and that we would not pressure her for the money.

If I had this much pleasure in being able to provide something my darling daughter wanted–even though she just needed something not that good–that would be a blessing to her, then how much more does our amazing loving Daddy God–the Great I AM Who owns all things and has provided all things for us through the Covenant of Blood with His Son, Jesus get satisfaction our of providing for us?

Our delight is in our giving. And I Timothy 6:17 (NASB) says, “Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.”1

Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart.”: (NASB)

Every good and perfect gift is from the LORD. He gave the LORD Jesus Christ, His only Son, to die for us so we could have abundant life! (John 3:16)

It is actually Him–the Great I AM–Who is “The Money,” “The Peace,” “The Joy,” “The Strength,” “The Wisdom,” and everything else that is good in us and through us.

He is the One Who supplies us with everything we have to give. He supplies, leads us to give, them blesses us for giving. HOW GREAT IS OUR DARLING GOD!!!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print