Sparkle!
by Tonja Taylor

Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

John 8:12 Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life.

Sooner than we’d planned, my husband and I had to acquire a new car. After months of praying and choosing to be content to drive my 20-year-old Avalon (very nice in it’s day, but it’s “day” had pretty much expired), I powered down the driver’s window on the way home from an amazing church service (http://www.experiencehim.org) where God really moved.

The window refused to power back up, leaving a gap where uncomfortably cool air came in. Having known this day was coming, and also having been growing in my faith that the LORD is good, is owner of Heaven and earth (Psalm 24:1), and that He has only the best for us, His Covenant kids, I resolved at that moment that I was not investing any more money into the car. I released my faith right then for my new ride.

It took several days and lots of fuel, but praise the LORD Clayton and I were both on vacation from teaching school, and easily able to do this. God is soooo good! I was getting a bit discouraged after a few days of searching, but I know my faithful Father, my Good Shepherd, leads me by peace. I never had peace–until the last stop we made at Yokem Toyota on the last day, not even knowing if they had the 2014 Toyota Camry I wanted.

They did. They’d just gotten it in and had not even detailed it. But we had been praying and thanking the LORD for just the right one, and sure enough, I test drove it, and felt in my spirit that it was right. It drove smoother and seemed, as I told Clayton, more “weighty” than the others, in every good way. It had all the extras, which is how our loving Daddy works!

The salesman moved it to the front to have it prepared for us. The LORD gave us favor and we drove it home that day–in sunlight, as compared to the very rainy days before. What a blessing!

In the light, I saw my gray Camry in a new way; although it may have seemed kind of plain to some, when the light touched it, it sparkled, glistening silver–the color of redemption. My car is just like me, I thought. When the light of the Son, Jesus, touches me, I sparkle!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print